10 September 2008

Work trip to Philadelphia, USA - 8th to 10th September 2008

A couple of weeks in the US ended with a few days back working in Philadelphia. I feel like I've been to the city so many times now, that it seems quite routine. I don't feel the need to go and explore during my lunch breaks any more - and this was a very hectic few days anyway, so I didn't get much chance. Hence, no photos - because much of the place just seems normal now. I was intending to go and look at the Liberty Bell, which (along with Independence Hall), I've never seen in all of my trips to Philadelphia (much to my shame). But, it didn't happen in the end, so the only Liberty Bell I saw was the one inside the baseball stadium.

On this brief visit, I got to experience Howard Stern first hand for the first time, whilst his radio show was blasting out of a taxi that was stuck in traffic. It can only be described as "interesting" that at 9am on the radio, I heard the f-word, the c-word and the n-word dozens of times - fantastic! I can see why the Christians don't like him.

This was a long trip away from home, where I became strangely settled in the US - but by the end of the trip, I was glad to be going home. A week and a bit of baseball, hotdogs, the US election, and US life in general was a good home from home, but I appreciated landing back in the UK at the end of this trip.

No comments: