21 October 2005

Work Trip to Versailles, France - 19th to 21st October 2005

I've been in Versilles for a 3-day work meeting this week. As well as the usual joys of meetings, and the annoyance of (unsuccessfully) trying to connect my (crap) laptop to the internet; we did some fun stuff. A couple of nice meals, as you would expect, and an obligatory trip to the Palais de Versailles, where the French kings used to live before they were overthrown, beheaded, burned, that kind of thing.

Now, when you see the (some might say over-the-top, not me!!) level of gold bling in the king's bedroom (above), one might understand why the French people decided that they didn't want a Royal family any more. I know our royals live in luxury, but even they don't take the piss to this extent!


The king's garden looks quite reasonable as well - all in all a very nice place - I'm not surprised that the French revolutionaries got jealous.

No comments: