17 February 2005

Sightseeing in Tokyo - 17th February 2005

A day off in Tokyo, so I went to explore the city, by day and by night. I started off in Shinjuku, which is one of the main "centres" of the city, full of shops (especially electronics shops) by day, and bars and clubs by night. The place looks amazing, with billboards and flashing lights diveerting your eyes every few seconds.

As well as playing with lots of Japanese electronics gadgets in the shops there, I went for some noodles and chicken skewers, which were fantastically good.

My next stop was the Tokyo Tower, kind of like the Eiffel Tower, but painted red and white instead.
Very good views from up here, especially of the planes coming into land at Tokyo's main airport.

By night, the city looks very different, but equally amazing. The best comparison I can think of is when one first visits Piccadilly Circus and sees the lights everywhere - except that most of central Tokyo looks like that!

No comments: