12 February 2007

Work trip to Paris, France - 12th to 13th February 2007

Another trip to Paris for work, it is always a pleasure though. This time I got to experience a couple of proper French working days, complete with big lunchbreaks as well. My company's office is right in the middle of lots of Government departments, so there are French flags flying all over the place, like in the photo here. In fact, it is pretty close to the Elysee Palace, where the President "lives", so a notable part of town.

Every time I go to Paris, I am struck by something new - apart from London it is undoubtedly the city that I know best, and a fantastic place at that. Lots of parts of the city look very similar I think (wide boulevards, straight endless streets, metro signs in view almost everywhere, etc) - but if you take one look at a street, it is often absolutely unmistakeable that it is a street in Paris - the place just doesn't look like anywhere else in the world. Beautiful.

Good food on this trip, as ever, I got back to Waterloo with a very satisifed stomach! A massive plate of steak tartare was a particular highlight - and I didn't need to eat anything for the following 24 hours after that!

No comments: